- Program Schedules
- Student Services
- Student Feedback
- Our Location
- Contact Us
Part-Time English Programs
About the Programs
The Part-Time English Programs at The Boston Language Institute offer an opportunity for people who work during the day to improve their English proficiency in late afternoon, evening and weekend schedules. Students also have the benefit of practicing their language skills in small groups of 4 to 12 students. New students start every week throughout the year.
Part-time Integrated Skills English Programs
The following courses are taught using the Communicative Method, which views each aspect of language learning -- grammar, conversation, reading and writing -- as a necessary support for the others. Students learn new vocabulary and grammar while enhancing their English communication skills in a discussion-based class. Students enroll for 8-week sessions throughout the year.
- Evening Classes meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday Classes meet from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Part-time Elective English Programs
The following courses are designed to help students improve their fluency and accuracy in English by focusing on individual English language skills.
- Conversation, Idioms & Vocabulary Development classes meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Grammar & Writing Skills classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Conversation on American Culture & Current Events classes meet Fridays from 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Pronunciation, Stress, & Intonation classes There are 3 sessions of this class: (1) Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. (2) Fridays from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (3) Saturdays from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Boston Language Institute has a nearly 30-year commitment to client service and program excellence. Please contact Darlene Madera, Associate Director, English Language Programs, at 617-262-3500 x228 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a helpful discussion of your needs.